She Was Born
Few creatures are capable of parthenogenesis. In this extraordinary process, mothers procreate without a sexual partner and give birth to exact genetic clones of themselves.
This is a form of immortality.
She Was Born explores the intersection of love and biological imperatives. The show draws the audience into a microscopic universe in order to confront the most basic question of all: Why was I born?
Nature documentary meets Theater of the Absurd in this utterly unique physical performance featuring striking visuals, sly humor and a virtuoso performance that depicts an entire life from birth to death. It’s a story that’s completely alien and strangely familiar. After all, everything that ever lived was born.
- FORGE, Theater at St. Claude, New Orleans LA - April 2016
- Excerpt: Signals, Antenna Gallery - April 2016
- Rude Fusion, The Off Center, Austin TX - September 2015
- Work-In-Progress Showing: Sawyer Farm Artists Residency, Worthington MA - July 2015
- The Tigermen Den, New Orleans LA - May 2015
Press (Click for Full Article)
- "Enchanting, then alarming, ultimately heartbreaking... Finest show I've seen so far this year." -NOLA Defender
- "Justifies the raw power of live performance... Hunsinger-Loe shows her raw, transformative strength." -Austin360
- 'She Was Born' Interview on KUT's 'Arts Eclectic"